Monday, April 25, 2022

2022 Town Meeting Gets Underway!

 



UPDATE: ACMI will provide LIVE coverage of Town Meeting on Government Channel (Comcast 22, RCN 614, Verizon 26)or ONLINE here: 
http://acmi.tv/govlive/  (8pm-11pm Monday and Wednesday)


Town Meeting Starts!

I'm excited to report that Town Meeting will get underway tonight.   There are a number of interesting Articles, which I'll update you on here and some that I am very concerned about, such as Article 38, which would allow 250 Town Meeting Members to end single family housing zoning in our town.  There are 77 total Articles...

:-(  Virtual Town Meeting

It will be virtual, so it means we all will be joining 'audio only' - and won't be granted the grace of seeing the presenters, as is part of in-Town Hall.  In our second year of virtual-only Town Meeting, so that the issues are heard well and the perspectives best understood, I think Town Meeting Members deserve to be seen, if they want, so that they can work best for our town's future.

The first night will be a 'coming up to speed' event, but there are some Articles that might come up.  Also, we may get through the 'consent agenda' of Articles that are generally not contested or debated - that all agree on, that the Town needs our electronic signature of approval on.

Updates that matter to our precinct and neighborhood here

I don't believe the public can watch the live Town Meeting, as you could on ACMI when we were/will be back in Town Hall.  I'll try to update you here on what happened each night (Mo/We 8pm-11pm are the session times--until all the business of the Warrant is disposed.

What's on the warrant this year?  Here's the link to it, as a PDF:

https://www.arlingtonma.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/60035/637830397576000000

Here's an online version with clickable detail links:

https://www.arlingtonma.gov/town-governance/town-meeting/2022-town-meeting-warrant


Advertisement for not supporting Article 38 or Amendments:

Before and After (Single house becomes Two Family)


Two family development in current Two family zoning in Arlington: