Sunday, April 3, 2022

Elected to Town Meeting Precinct 15! Thank You!

 Dear Arlington residents and friends, especially in Precinct 15:



The election results for yesterday's election are back - in draft form, pending final review.  I'm happy to say that over 1,000 people participated from our 'new' precinct 15, and 12 Town Meeting Members were elected, including me.  Thank you for your vote and for your participation in citizen democracy!




You can find full results on the Town website here

Greg Christiana, whom I did not support, was elected Town Meeting Moderator.  I wish him well and hope he leads the Meeting with fairness and transparency and with efficiency and good order.   I also thank John Leone, the past Moderator for his years of service.   One major selling point to Christiana's candidacy is that he will push for a more transparent speaker list when issues are being debated on TM's floor.  I look forward to this.




I came from Precinct 11, which was broken up during 'reprecincting', which also resulted in voting places being changed.  This was a horrible mistake for many voters, who will have to travel much further.  Some voters did get a better location, too.  Hopefully the reprecincting mess can be improved upon so that voters can vote as easily and close to home as possible.

Town Meeting will hear some proposed Articles this year that would dramatically change our town, for the better and for the worse.   The reason I have worked over 10 years as a (volunteer) Town Meeting Member so far, and why I am motivated to represent our precinct is that it's very important that we work to: preserve and improve Arlington's affordability, our local schools, our open green spaces and our transparent and inclusive government.   This is what I will work to do.  

Thanks again!

Carl

PS: you can contact me at cwagnertmm15@outlook.com or via my website: wagnerforarlington.com

PPS: This is our new Precinct 15, note the borders:


You can see the whole new Town Precinct Map here.